Tuesday, March 8, 2011

room to grow

I'm starting this blog as an offshoot to watchthehousegrow, my other blog. This one will explore the  agricultural evolution of my land beyond the house.  I have 130 acres of protected forest and about 30 acres of agricultural land. This aerial image shows most of the property. The field is at the bottom, along the Neversink River, and shaped kind of like a bird or maybe a trout, and the forest is all above it. I think this picture was taken soon after a logging done by the previous owners (mid 70s?) The whole top of the hill looks almost bare.  It's completely reforested now and in the NY forest conservation program, which makes it ripe for future silviculture projects. I'm hoping to lay out the field projects as a larger piece that will be recognizable from space (just in case).

1 comment:

  1. Hi John,

    My name is Jerrica Hall and I am the event organizer of a community event called the Ragnar Relay New York. I've been told by some locals to contact you about using your field to park 40 vehicles for this race on May 13 from 9:00 - 7:00 pm. Can you please give me a call as soon as possible to discuss? My phone number is 801.458.8533.

    Best,

    Jerrica Hall
    801.458.8533
    jerrica@ragnarrelay.com

    ReplyDelete